2017 Polaris Industries 550 INDY® LXT - INDY® Red
550 INDY® LXT - INDY® Red
- PRO-RIDE™ Chassis: The INDY® is built on the proven PRO-RIDE™ Chassis that is 300% stiffer for precise, intuitive handling. The ideal choice for a nimble handling sled that’s fun to ride.
- Coil-Over Rear Suspension: Designed for better flotation and deep snow performance with improved on-trail ride. By eliminating the torsion springs and redesigning the torque arms, this skid weighs substantially less.
- 550 Fan Engine: Proven, dependable two-stroke engine with NiCaSil-lined cylinders provides trail cruising power in a lightweight package.
- CVTech Powerbloc 50/Invance Clutching: All INDY® models powered by the Polaris 550 fan-cooled engine use the new CVTech Powerbloc 50 drive clutch paired with the Invance driven clutch. This clutching delivers smooth engagement, enhanced low-speed drivability and quieter operation. These durable clutches have a maintenance-free design and are easy to tune while installed on the sled.
- Electric Start: Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
- Lighter Weight: The 550 INDY® LXT 144 is 75 lbs. lighter with the PRO-RIDE™ chassis.
- Cargo Rack & Backrest: Whether you’re riding two-up or solo, enjoy the convenience of the large cargo area - which can accommodate a 5 gallon pail. The 550 INDY® LXT features a fixed backrest and passenger hand grips for added comfort and security.
- Handlebar & Steering Post Angle: INDY® 550 design - 15 degree flatter steering post angle developed for sitdown and standup riding comfort and flexibility.
- Fuel Capacity (gal/liters): 11.5 / 43.5
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 54 / 137
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 48 / 122
- Person Capacity: Two
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 467 / 212
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 124 / 315
Engine & Drivetrain
- Disc Brake Type: RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive / Driven Clutch: CVTech PowerBloc50 / Invance
- Exhaust: Single
- Fuel System: Carbureted
- Ignition: DC-SDI
- Engine Type / Cooling: Fan Cooled
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 544
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 73 x 65
- Front Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Suspension: PRO-RIDE®
- Front Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 7.1 / 18
- Rear Suspension: INDY®
- Rear Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 14.1 / 35.8
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width / Length / Height (in.): 15 x 144 x 1.0 Energy
- 12V Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: INDY® Red
- Electric Start: Standard
- Fuel Gauge: Mechanical
- Hand and Thumb warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Handlebar Type: Standard One Piece
- Riser Type: 3.5" (89mm) Fixed
- Heated Passenger Grips: N/A
- Mirrors: Standard
- Rear Rack / Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Storage: Accessory
- Seat Type: 2-Up Fixed Backrest
- Security System: N/A
- Speedometer: Digital
- Tachometer: Digital
- Temp / Low Oil Light: Low Oil Light
- Windshield: PRO-RIDE® Tall, 20"
NOTES:Professional rider on a closed course. Polaris recommends that all snowmobile riders take a training course. Do not attempt maneuvers beyond your capability. Always wear a helmet and other safety apparel. Never drink and ride.
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 73 x 65 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Brake Type
- RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive Clutch
- CVTech PowerBloc50
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Shock: RydeFX® MPV; Suspension: PRO-RIDE®; Front Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in. (18 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: INDY®; Rear Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel
- 14.1 in. (35.8 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 144 x 1.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.5 gal. (43.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 467 lb. (212 kg)
- PRO-RIDE® Tall, 20 in.
- INDY® Red
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable